Monday, June 29, 2020

Wicked Engine

Wandering in YouTube again, I found a video about game development from scratch announcing the new version of Wicked Engine. It has a simple user interface but a lot of things implemented. Check it out:


When I open the official Engine website, I see the NazarĂ© meme on the top. It made me wonder if it was made by a Brazilian, but no. Anyway, it made me laugh. 

The 'About' section states that that Wicked is a Game Engine, but if you don't want to use it that way, there are some programming tips, hopefully useful for the reader. That's what I want for my Arena Engine too. Also, one of the Wicked's features is the possibility of using it through C++, or the scripting language, Lua. This is important to me because if you are a better C++ programmer than a Lua one, you are not obligated to learn it, or if you don't want to deal with C++, you can create something faster with a higher level language. 

So, this is another Engine code available on Github for my study alongside with Hazel, as a source material. Hope this is useful for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Game Jam 2024

Wow, what a weekend. The Global Game Jam is intense. But I and 3 other members manage to build a game for the theme "Make me laugh&quo...