Thursday, July 23, 2020

Where was I?

Hello, future me.

In case you are wondering where did I go these days since the last post, I've been busy studying many different things, from deep learning to gamification. Both are courses from Coursera, where you can watch the videos, but in order to get the certification, you must pay. Fair enough.

Also, I upgraded my Ubuntu version to 20.04, and it is a lot prettier. Now my simple laptop is faster and my desktop cleaner. Luckily, I manage to compile Yade DEM from source to activate the Potential Particles computation, which once was a real headache. But not before installing 1GB of dependencies. I know I probably wont use Yade anymore, but I found a workshop from a Ph.D in rock mechanics that opened my eyes for certain details when dealing with DEM:
  1. If the particles are getting high velocities, decrease the time step for numerical stability;
  2. If the real sample exhibits plastic behavior, select the simulation material that can recreate it;
  3. Know the shape and size distribution of the grain of the material you want to simulate.
Besides, my sensei recommended me a YouTube channel that teaches Japanese in Japanse. The name is 日本語の森, and they teach grammar of any level.

So, I need to watch some of these videos, test Yade, and get the Deep Learning networks for rigid registration, that I found here, working.

I'm feeling like a workaholic. If it wasn't for my dog getting my attention, I would be lost.

PS: Today the blog completes 1 month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Game Jam 2024

Wow, what a weekend. The Global Game Jam is intense. But I and 3 other members manage to build a game for the theme "Make me laugh&quo...