Thursday, July 9, 2020

Some complaints

Hello there.

I've been busy with my work not working. Then I decided to complaint about it because I noticed that it is necessary to get to the solution. And I know this don't happen to only me.

Have you ever noticed that when you are stuck with something, and you delay asking help to someone because you know you'll find the answer right after it, so you'll bother other people for nothing, but the answer won't come if you don't ask?

That's the spirit. So here it goes:

1)
I can't submit my paper to a journal because the compiled PDF from my LaTeX files does not show any reference to the bibliography, nor figures and tables. I think this is an error, and I can't send it like this. My compilation works fine in my computer, so the problem must be in their system, perhaps.

2)
I've been working with Discrete Element Method to simulate a very hard rock in the shape of a brick. I need to run an uniaxial compression it in order to get its macro Young modulus and Poisson ratio.

The Young modulus is fine, but my sample reacts as an anisotropic material, where the displacement of the laterals are different from each other. But it supposed to be isotropic, so my Poisson calculus would be correct.

I don't know what I'm missing. I just know people tend to use DEM for granular materials, not for rock, although is already proven it can simulate rocks.


 The end.

2 comments:

  1. I told you! Complaint number 1 solved. I needed to upload the TeX files in a particular order. Now it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another victory. Someone will try to study DEM and if he can't go forward too, the DEM is over. For now.

    ReplyDelete

Global Game Jam 2024

Wow, what a weekend. The Global Game Jam is intense. But I and 3 other members manage to build a game for the theme "Make me laugh&quo...