Thursday, July 16, 2020

The answer

So, yesterday I submitted the formulary for the job opportunity from Square Enix, and I was rejected. Deep down I knew it was going to happen. They said I didn't have the requirements of working in game industry in the last 5 years, and within those years, 3 years of consumer game development. No words about my Japanese skills, nor my skills being useful in some other area of the company. So, have previously worked with games is indispensable. 

However, all of this was not in vain. I was forced to write down a letter of interests, where you highlight your qualities and how you fit in the company, and resume you professional experience. Then, I could see that there's a lot to do to present a notable curriculum for a company like this. And this blog is just another building block to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Game Jam 2024

Wow, what a weekend. The Global Game Jam is intense. But I and 3 other members manage to build a game for the theme "Make me laugh&quo...